Copyright © 2012 MUSIC MEMORY. All rights reserved.
Brandenburg Concerto No. 2
Ruins of Athens
Trumpet Concerto in Eb Major
Das Jahr (The Year)
Symphony No. 40
Symphony No. 1
The Nutcracker Suite
“Hungarian Dance No. 5"
No. 23 in a minor
"Washington Post March"
“Ride of the Valkyries”
Quality materials you have grown to expect, and INNOVATION for today’s changing world.
MUSIC MEMORY 2013-14 is designed to take advantage of 21st century technology and to be ecologically green. VideoMaps™ provide an animated map of each selection, to engage the digital age visual learner. Color static maps are provided as PDF files to provide you with flexibility - project them digitally in the classroom, make color or black/white transparencies, or make copies for each student.
This year’s packages include the following features for all 16 selections (new each year):
- 16 lessons for Grades 3-6, serving the UIL 3-4 and 5-6 MUSIC MEMORY Contests.
- NEW Lessons for every selection: easy to follow, with engaging, developmentally appropriate activities and extensions.
- NEW Animated VideoMaps DVD for all 16 selections included in all packages. Multi-media presentation engages the user through the use of 21st Century technology.
- CD with 16 selections, aTheme Bank of major themes and assessment tracks for tiered practice throughout the study period.
- NEW All new, redesigned, full color, high-resolution maps. Full color maps included in all packages as PDF files for projection or to print transparencies.
- NEW Test formats support STARR testing through use of STARR testing format. Students practice comprehension and writing skills.
- Testing assistance is provided. Each assessment is on a separate CD track with answer choices read out loud for each question.
- NEW Assessments are provide in two formats in all packages: (1) with printed titles and (2) with picture icons to support mainstreamed an ESL students.
- Inexpensive student practice CDs and Handbooks available with purchase of a Guide Package, for independent practice and as a lifelong companion, and to support reading in the content area.
- Background/Composer information and Reader’s Theater Scripts in reproducible form to support reading.
- Composer illustrations, decorative wall charts included to support visual literacy.
- Test forms and answer sheets provided in Guide, test listening excerpts included on CD.
- Movement extensions, authentic assessment options and curriculum links provide opportunities for diverse learning styles and higher order thinking.
- Reader’s Theater Scripts help students learn how to speak about music from a range of perspectives and support comprehension skills.
- Multiple tests provide pre-post test options and frequent formative assessment opportunities.
- Correlation with National Music Standards, STARR and Common Core State Standards.
- Developmentally appropriate supporting resource masters support creative thinking for all 16 pieces.Software (PC/MAC/DVD) – Review software, MUSIC MEMORY Arcade and Magic Maps© CD-ROM developed by Kay Greenhaw
- NEW Website design makes on-line ordering easy and secure.
- MUSIC MEMORY 2013-2014 IS NOW AVAILABLE IN PDF FORMAT ON DISCS!
Our goal is to provide students with positive musical experiences
that last a lifetime.
Music selections for MUSIC MEMORY 2013-2014 Program :
Please click on "music notes" to hear a sample of each of this years MUSIC MEMORY™ selections
which are available for purchase along with this years MUSIC MEMORY curriculum.
Music Memory Sampler
Here's your invitation to view the video:
Please call (203) 229-0411 if you'd like to order 2012-2013 MUSIC MEMORY materials and prior years.
NOTE: Orders for 2013-2014 MUSIC MEMORY will begin shipping on July 1, 2013.
Music Memory 2012-2013 Music Clips
(Click on music note icon to hear clip.)
Bach - Cantana No. 140: "Zion Hears the Watchmen Singing"
Williams - "Olympic Fanfare and Theme"
Grieg - Peer Gynt Suite: "In the Hall of the Mountain King"
Overture by Mozart - The Marriage of Figaro
Verdi - Il Trovatore: "Anvil Chorus"
Overture by Bernstein - Candide
Lassus - "O la, o che bon eccho"
3rd Movement by Beethoven.
Symphony No. 5
Vaughan Williams - English Folk Song Suite:
"Seventeen Come Sunday"
Prokofiev - Romeo and Juliet: "Dance of the Knights"
Ellington - "It Don't Mean a Think If It Ain't Got That Swing"
Vivaldi - The Four Seasons: "Spring"
Rossini - The Barber of Seville: "Zitti, zitti, piano, piano"
Rachmaninoff - "Vocalise"
Schumann - Album for the Young: "The Wild Horseman"